Hey Coastal Neighbours!
Are you an emerging artist currently making, pondering, and creating on the Gold Coast?
We want to hear from you!
We are super excited to announce a call out geared specifically to our Gold Coast locals.
Since establishing roots in our Surfers Paradise home, we have been curious about what Gold Coast artists and creatives are making right now...
what are you guys thinking about?
and how are these thoughts leaking into your art practice? We want to see!
Our objective is to facilitate a group exhibition that captures a snapshot of what Gold Coast artists are currently exploring within their practices. we are keen to see a variety of voices and perspectives, and the work does not have to be about the lovely Gold Coast specifically (But hey, it could be!)
Deadline for application:
* Wednesday May 10th
Artwork drop off period to 4217 Art Space:
* Monday May 15th - Saturday May 20th
* Friday MAY 26th - Saturday jUNE 3rd
Artwork pick up:
* Monday the 5th of June
What we want from you:
* One proposed artwork with dimensions supplied.
* A little info about your practice (via Google Form)
Successful applicants will receive:
* Participation in a Group Exhibition at our 4217 Art Space in Surfers Paradise alongside other selected Gold Coast Based artists
* Consultation with Nextdoor Project CoordinatorS
* installation support and curation by Nextdoor team
* Documentation of the group exhibition by Nextdoor team, archived on the Nextdoor ARI website
* Additional support may include, but is not limited to: Professional development, Marketing and connection to the broader Nextdoor ARI community
We look forward to hearing more about you and your work, and as always, feel free to shoot us a message or swing by the space if you haven’t had a chance meet our lovely team!
To apply, FILL OUT THE application form BELOW. We have endeavoured to make this application as snappy and easy to fill out as possible for emerging creatives of all levels, abilities, and backgrounds. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any further queries on your application at firstname.lastname@example.org
[CLICK SHELL TO VIEW APPLICATION FORM]
*SUBMISSIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 10TH OF MAY @ 11:59PM*
The 4217 + studio is a City of Gold Coast initiative to connect creative collectives with space to thrive and reinvigorate the 4217 Surfers Transit Centre.